background

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will know God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


So, I have really really really been trying to live by the verse that tells you not to worry about anything and pray about everything. This has been life-changing for me. Everyone who knows me knows that I am a big worrier. I have always worried about everything! Then one Sunday we had a sermon about worrying. I heard one of the most comforting things that I could ever imagine: When you worry, you are trying to run your life without God. God wants us to bring every worry to him in prayer. When we turn our worries over to Him, He will take care of us! What a profound yet simple way of life.
Ever since that day, I have felt like a new person. It was like a burden was lifted from me. I am not going to say that I never worry, because I am human. However, I have never felt so much peace inside. If something is on my mind, I pray about it.

Recently, we have been thinking about moving to another house. It could potentially be a GREAT situation. A LOT of variables have to fall in place in a very specific way for it to work out. The OLD me would be sick with worry right now, because I would be trying to run things on my own. The NEW AND IMPROVED me still really wants things to go my way, but I know that it is all part of The plan. Whatever happens is for a reason. Please keep us in your prayers as we are looking into this opportunity! We will keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment