Let me just say that reflux sucks. Totally and completely and utterly sucks. My poor little Riley Beth has been pretty miserable for about 2 weeks now with it. You could just look at her face and tell she was in pain. She would scream, tense up her whole body and just cry and cry. It would break my heart! Sometimes she won't even nurse because being in that position is painful for her. I have been so frustrated that I can't help her. We started her on Zantac last week and finally we added in another medicine, Prevacid, today. I have also cut back on dairy products because they are very acidic and contribute to the esophagitis she has. (Boy do I miss milk!)
Well, I may be speaking way too soon but it seems like we may have turned the corner. Riley slept for 5 straight hours the past 2 nights and she seems much happier! At this moment she is laying FLAT in her crib. That is a very big deal for her. I just hope and pray that she is getting better. It is so good to see her happy!
She was sitting in her vibrating bouncy chair a few minutes ago cooing and smiling! Of course, I grabbed my camera to capture the moment because it is a first for her!

OK I just took this one because she was awake and not crying.

Looking more content...

So cute

...and JACKPOT!!! Smiling happy baby girl! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment