background

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fireworks


We put the kids in their jammies, loaded up in our car and went to see the Country Club fireworks.



 The kids got a milkshake (my car is now a sticky ice cream mess) and got a GREAT spot- the fireworks went off right in front of our car.






We unbuckled their seat belts and they crawled around in the car until the show started.
 






Ivey and Riley got to sit in the front seat, which they thought was awesome





Ivey was our little commentator- he described each firework perfectly:
"WHOOOOOOA! That was a HUUUUUUUGE one! It was red and sparkly!"
"WOOOOOOOOW! Did you see that one?! It was glittery and green and purple and so loud!"
"COOOOOOOOOL! That one sounded like dynamite!"


I didn't take a single picture of the fireworks. I didn't even watch them all that much. I was too busy looking at my family- I loved watching Ivey's face light up each and every time a new one lit up the sky. I loved seeing Riley with her sweet little ice cream-covered mouth hanging open. I loved watching Frank hold the kids. Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.






 .


1 comment: