We got settled into our awesome home away from home right away. This place was so neat. My personal favorite part of the house was the huge porch. It was so peaceful to sit out there and watch the birds and deer.
The kids just loved the front door. It was split so you could leave the top half open. It was a great way for them to look out at the deer.
The view from the front door
Living room
The porch. There was a tree growing out the middle of it!
Other living room area
Guess who crashed???
We were so excited when Papa, Titi, Rara and Trent got here!
Thank you, Uncle Trent for playing with my babies! He even helped them put together these awesome Lego things!
That night, Frank stayed back with Riley (thanks, Babe!) and the rest of us went to eat at a delicious steak house. Yum Yum.
We got up bright and early the next morning (thanks, kids!). The weather was amazing, so we sat out on the porch and enjoyed some popsicles (AKA aah-eee-cles according to Riley Beth).
Aunt Rara provided the entertainment!
I love this pic.
Beautiful sky
One of our little friends!
This was the day that Nana and Pops arrived. It was great to have everyone all together! Definitely my favorite day of the trip.
We drove into town to check things out. They had a little pony ride area set up and the kids loved it. (Thank you again, Uncle Trent!)
Now it is time for biiiiiig family dinner and fun. Frank put some amazing kabobs together and we pigged out. Of course, any fun in our family involves fire. Duh. We had a cool little area with a fire pit and some chairs. Ivey and I went down there to see what the guys were up to.
Trent was sitting by the fire, so that is right where Ivey needed to be :)
My little love picked me a flower :)
It was about this time that I headed back up to the cabin to check on something. I was walking up the little stone walkway trying to keep my balance so I was looking down at the steps. As I got to the front door, I looked up and I was eye-to-eye with a deer! She was only about a foot away from me and let me tell you these deer are big, people! I was so scared I couldn't move. I was frozen stiff until Pops came and scared her away. whoa.
What fire wouldn't be complete without S'mores??? They were delish!
We went to bed with full bellies and happy hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment